Tuesday 8 September 2015

Underwater photography - Lumix FT-5

I have recently acquired a new piece of photographic kit, namely the Lumix FT-5. I bought this compact little camera to try out a bit of underwater photography, admittedly at a fairly low quality, but a progression from GoPro stills from movies nonetheless. Unfortunately the weather has not played ball for the last couple of weeks, meaning murky seas, strong winds, cloudy skies and therefore very little opportunity for taking to the seas. I have managed to get out a few times to try the great little camera out, and I have to say that I am very impressed with its capabilities. The macro is a great function, allowing very close range for small fish and other subjects, whilst the ease of use underwater and quality of images is great. I look forward to using this camera lot more in the coming weeks. Here is a small selection of images for now:

A species of Goby, which I am not entirely sure of yet

Grey Seal encounters! A female above and male (below) came to investigate me whilst I was snorkelling

Two-spotted Gobies (Gobiusculus flavescens)

It was cool to swim amongst this shoal of several hundred White Bait one afternoon- I tried to get below the shoal to get some silhouetted images
a species of Periwinkle I believe

No comments:

Post a Comment